Sweet Potatoes make for a sweet fall dessert
Am I the only person who instantly correlates sweet potatoes with autumn dining? Granted I know they are easy to make year-round, but there is something about their orange fleshy goodness that screams fall to me.
Sweet Potatoes with Pecan Crumble
• 5 large sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
• 1 cup sugar
• 1/2 cup butter, melted
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1 1tsp vanilla extract
• 1 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/3 cup butter, chilled
• 1/3 cup flour
• 2/3 cup chopped pecans
YIELD: 8 servings
• Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, melted butter, eggs, milk and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
• Pour into a 9×13 inch ovenproof baking dish.
• Combine brown sugar, butter, flour and chopped pecans in a mixing bowl and then sprinkle over sweet potatoes
• Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.