The final days of summer are upon us which, for many of us, means only a few more weeks left before returning to the school routine. Looking for something fun to do in Charlotte for the next couple of weeks? Check out these cool events, suitable for JLC outings with your placement groups and friends!
First up – the JLC Service Day has been schedule for August 18 at the Foundation for the Carolinas. Contact Carin Ross Johnson for more information.
• For the Athletic crew, check out the Charlotte Challenge 2013: The Ultimate Urban Scavenger Race — August 25, 2013. Enjoy this 5K event, “Amazing Race” style. Entrants form teams of 2 or more to race around the city, solving clues and planning routes along the way.
• Not so much into doing sports but definitely into watching them? Check out the Charlotte Knights, playing on multiple dates throughout August !
• For the wine lovers amongst us, learn how Chianti is made at Raffaldi’s upcoming Afternoon with the Wine Maker – August 17. Participants will enjoy a glass of wine while taking a tour of the vineyard and learning about the wine making process. For more information, check out the flyer here:
• For those of you who just can’t let go of that high school moment (everybody, rock your body…)be sure to grab tickets to see the Backtstreet Boys on August 21. Tickets are available from Ticketmaster.
• If you’re into a slightly more, shall we say, “refined” choice of musical art and performance, check out The Lion King at the Belk Theatre, playing throughout the month of August.
• Looking for ideas for decorating and renovating? Visit the Southern Ideal Home Show on August 23-35 at the Park Expo, where vendors will be present with ideas for renovating your home.
What event are you likely to go to with your JLC friends? Did we miss any great events that you feel should be shared with the League?