AJLI Webinar Wednesday Offering on Jan. 9: Building League Capacity through Boomer Volunteers
Baby Boomers have redefined volunteerism. Join us and learn how current trends and issues in Boomer engagement impact your League. Explore Boomer characteristics and motivations and how you can deepen your relationship with them to build League capacity. Learn how to leverage your Baby Boomer members in new and exciting ways that are inspiring and meaningful to them while building your League’s capacity towards community impact and civic leadership. Click here to register.
The JLC is hosting numerous training events open to the general membership in early 2013. All of these events will be held at the JLC Building. Click here to register.
- Grant 201 Training: Thursday, Jan. 10, 6:30 p.m.
- Human Trafficking Awareness Day Training: Friday, Jan. 11, 9:30 a.m. Free Multidisciplinary Training provided in collaboration with the US Attorney’s Office Anne Tompkins, Presbyterian Healthcare and the Junior League of Charlotte, Inc. Key information will be covered to raise awareness and advocate against human trafficking. Come learn about key indicators and important resources.
- Nonprofit Advocacy: Wednesday, Jan. 23, 6:30-7:30 p.m. When nonprofits engage in advocacy, they can advance their individual missions, as well as fulfill their mission of being sanctuaries where Americans gather to serve as champions of the public’s interests. Learn more from McGuireWoods LLP about nonprofit advocacy.
- The Hopeful Year Toolkit: Monday, Jan. 28, 6:30 p.m. Participants will learn four tools they can use to create a more intentional life! Each participant will need to bring their own journal and pen. This will be an excellent way for our JLC members to kick off 2013 with a great start!
- Grant 301 Training: Thursday, Jan. 31, 6:30 p.m.
- Board Rights and Responsibilities: Wednesday, Feb. 27: 6:30-8:30 p.m. There are a variety of views about the roles and responsibilities of a board of directors, and most of these views share common themes. A board of directors is a group of people legally charged with the responsibility to govern an entity with a duty of care. Come learn valuable information presented by McGuireWoods LLP to help you as a current, future or perspective nonprofit board member.